Creating a Web site is now a really common requirement.
If you want to create a Web site yourself, without the expense of hiring an expert or specialized service, you may find it useful to read the following quick task list:
1) find some Web space (hosting). If you want the whole World to be able to see your Web pages (your personal ones, or your company site) the pages have to be hosted on a computer permanently connected to the Internet. There are many firms with dedicated Internet connections that offer this service for an annual or monthly fee (for example, http://tera-byte.com). There are lots to choose from, so the best way is to ask your friends. There are also firms that host your site for free (click here for a list) if you show their advertising banner on your site, (this option should be avoided if you’re creating a company site).
2) Buy a domain name. If your firm’s name is “Reed Steels”, it would be nice if your clients could find you by writing http://reedsteels.com or http://www.redsteels.com. To do this you have to buy (“register”) the “domain” reedsteels.com, and set it to point to your Web space (it is sufficient to talk with whoever sold you the Web space). There are services that deal exclusively with the selling of domain names (e.g. http://directnic.com), and others that also host Web sites. If you already own a free Web site, certain registration services allow you to redirect your domain name to the free Web space: this service is called “domain name forwarding”. For example www.yournicedomain.com may forward to www.geocities.com/intelligentpeople/7434/.
1b,2b) You can also purchase a static Internet link from your telephonic company. You will need a computer that is always switched on, with Web server software like Apache running.
3) Store the FTP parameters given to you by your host in a safe place . Generally they are server, user name, password, and will be required to publish your site.
4) Search for a visual Html editor. For example HyperPublish and EasyWebEditor are two formidable tools for creating Web sites of any kind. They can manage a Web site in a single solution, so they’re much easier to use than more complex technically-orientated tools such as DreamWeaver. EasyWebEditor is specialized for the Web, HyperPublish can also create CDs.
5) Once you are happy with your site, you have to publish it to the Internet. If the software has a built-in FTP engine, it is very simple. If not, you just need to search for shareware FTP software. Click here to see a quick guide for the Internet Publishing with Hyper Publish (it has an internal automatic FTP engine).
6) When your site is published, it is a good idea to submit it to search engines. Click here to see a list of sites that will help you with the submission.
Creating a Web site is not a complicated task. With time and patience, and a slight artistic flare, you will obtain great results.
Get the free EasyWebEditor trial or BUY IT now, and learn how to create a Web site in minutes! It is really simple to create a Web site with Easy Web Editor!!
Visual Vision has been selling software online since 1998, and is a proud member of the Association of Shareware Professionals.
Access New Zealand - Affari.com - Allt.com - All the web.com - Alta Vista UK - Alta Vista - Altavista Denmark - Altavista Sweden - Altavista France - Altavista India - Altavista Germany - Altavista Italia - AnswerSleuth - ANZWERS - AOL search - Arianna - Ask Jeeves - Aussie Index - Belize.Net - Cowleys Jumpsites - Deja News - Excite - Excite Italia - Funkycat Search - Gee-wiz! - Google - HotBot - HotLava - HvemHvor - i-Explorer - Il Trovatore - Infoseek - IWI - Jayde Search Smart! - LinkCenter - LookSmart - Luxpoint - Lycos - Lycos Italia - Mamma.com - Matilda - MSN Search - Multisoft - Mirago - My Starting point - NZExplorer - Open Directory Project - Open Text - Qango - Scrub The Web - Search in Italy - ShinySeek - Snap - Swift - Tapaz - TheSpider.it - Virgilio - WebCrawler - Web Wombat - Yahoo UK - Yahoo - Yahoo Au/Nz - Yahoo Italia - Yahoo BR - Yahoo CA - Yahoo D - Yahoo DK - Yahoo ES - Yahoo FR - Yahoo SG